Terms And Conditions
1. Bookings can be made via our website www.realsherlockholmes.com. In some circumstances you may be able to purchase tickets from our Guide at the start of the Tour. However, The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour reserves the right to cancel any advertised Tour with no notice should no tickets be purchased in advance for that specific Tour and the ONLY way to ensure that a scheduled Tour takes place is to purchase tickets beforehand via our website www.realsherlockholmes.com. Please note that there is a cut-off time for purchasing tickets, usually 2 hours before the Tour is due to start. Should you have a problem in purchasing a ticket then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us – see our ‘Contact Us’ page for details.
2. We will confirm your booking by accepting payment from you for the full price and issuing you with a ticket or e-ticket. When you accept this ticket you will be deemed to have accepted our Terms and Conditions. The Real Sherlock Holmes Walking Tour accepts no liability whatsoever for any injury, loss (personal or otherwise) or delay to persons taking part in the Tour. Participants taking part in the Tour do so at their own risk and are expected to hold their own Insurance. The Tour usually takes 2 hours but this depends on the circumstances of the day and the needs of the participants of any particular Tour and NO guarantee whatsoever can be given as to the exact finishing time. As such, participants are advised to schedule their subsequent activities and/or transport accordingly.
3. The date and start time of the Tour will be specified on your ticket or e-ticket.
4. You are obliged to pay the ticket price appropriate to your status:
i) Adults are deemed to be everyone aged 16 years or over.
ii) Children are deemed to be everyone between the ages of 5 and 15 years.
iii) Concessions are full time students with a valid student ID, unemployed and anyone aged 60 years or over.
iv) A Family Ticket consists strictly of 2 Adults and 2 Children OR 1 Adult and 3 Children.
5. The prices applicable to each of the above are published on our website and are updated from time to time.
6. Your booking is valid only for the Tour at the specified time and date on your ticket. Your ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you miss or arrive too late for your Tour, we may, at our discretion, permit you to join a subsequent tour, in some cases on another day, but are not obligated to do so and must prioritise those who have already booked tickets at that time and date.
7. You must act reasonably and co-operate with us in the provision of our services to you, and comply with all verbal instructions from our Guide. You must not be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs during the Tour and we reserve the right to refuse participation in the Tour to any such person.
8. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform a Tour or any delay in performing a Tour, that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control, including but not limited to: adverse weather conditions, strikes, industrial action, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of such, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic or other natural disaster, road closure, or any failure of the public or private telecommunications network. If such an event occurs, we will endeavour to reschedule our services as soon as possible.
9. You have the right to cancel your booking up to seven days after purchase and up to 2 hours before the tour. You must provide written notice to us that you are cancelling your booking and will then confirm your cancellation in writing and refund the price paid for the services.
10. In the unlikely event that you are unsatisfied with any of our services then please contact us as soon as reasonably possible and within 30 working days and we will consider your comments and write back to you to inform you of any outcome or action taken in relation to your comments.